- VERIMI GmbH (“VERIMI”) operates a technical platform for the online management of identity data (the “VERIMI Platform”) and for the provision of other services for end customers (the “Services”). The VERIMI Platform enables you to store your identity data in a VERIMI account, control the use of your data at VERIMI and use the data in connection with the offerings of partners cooperating with VERIMI (“VERIMI Partners”). In addition, the VERIMI Platform enables you to administer consents to the use of your data by VERIMI and VERIMI Partners. The use of the VERIMI Platform and VERIMI Services is available only to natural persons and is free of charge for you. You have to bear any connection or transmission fees incurred by such use.
Registration to Use VERIMI
- In order to be able to use VERIMI’s Services, you must register on the VERIMI Platform, create a VERIMI account and store the information requested there. It may be necessary to provide further Customer Data in order to enable use of all VERIMI Services to their full extent. For certain Services, it may also be necessary to verify your identity in advance.
- The data that you store in your VERIMI account when registering or subsequently must be accurate and up to date. However, you may use a pseudonym for an unverified identity. In order to take full advantage of the benefits of VERIMI, we recommend that you maintain your data with VERIMI on a regular basis. In the event of abusive or unlawful use of the VERIMI Services or VERIMI Platform, VERIMI is entitled to block your VERIMI account, to restrict the use of VERIMI Services and, subject to the relevant preconditions, to terminate the contract of use for cause without notice.
- Use of the VERIMI Services is only possible after prior authentication by means of an individual user name and personal access password (collectively known as the “Access Information”). VERIMI may provide you with additional personalised features (“Personalised Security Features”) for certain functions. Joint use of Access Information or Personalised Security Features by more than one person is not permitted. The Access Information and Personalised Security Features are to be stored securely, protected from third-party access and not to be disclosed to third parties. If there is a suspicion of unauthorised use of the Access Information and/or Personalised Security Features, or of disclosure of this/these to third parties, VERIMI must be informed immediately.
Range of Services
- VERIMI makes various Services available to you that you can use on the VERIMI Platform or within the scope of the offerings of VERIMI Partners. The VERIMI Partners decide for themselves which functions to integrate into their offerings. There is therefore a possibility that not all Services are available from a VERIMI Partner. Currently, VERIMI offers the following functionalities:
- You can record and manage your Customer Data on the VERIMI Platform and control the transfer of Customer Data between VERIMI and VERIMI Partners. This enables you, for example, to simplify registration processes with VERIMI Partners or to transfer existing Customer Data from VERIMI Partners to VERIMI to complete your VERIMI profile.
- You can link your access to the VERIMI Platform with services of VERIMI Partners and thus simplify future login processes with VERIMI Partners by using your VERIMI Access Information.
- VERIMI shall endeavour to keep the VERIMI Services and VERIMI Platform available at all times outside necessary maintenance windows.
- VERIMI is entitled temporarily to prevent or restrict your use of the VERIMI Services or VERIMI Platform if and to the extent required for the security of the VERIMI Platform and/or the systems used for its operation or the data stored on the VERIMI Platform.
- Irrespective of the legal basis, where liability is based on fault, VERIMI’s liability for damages caused by intentional acts and gross negligence shall be unlimited. In the event of simple negligence VERIMI shall be liable only:
- for losses arising out of injury to body, life or health; and
- for losses arising from breach of a material contractual obligation (i.e. an obligation the performance of which is fundamental to the due performance of the contract and the compliance with which the counterparty typically relies upon and is entitled to rely upon); in this case the liability of VERIMI shall however be limited to compensation for typical and foreseeable loss.
- The above limitations of liability do not apply if VERIMI has assumed a guarantee and for claims under the German Product Liability Act (Produkthaftungsgesetz).
- You may terminate the contract of use at any time without observing a notice period and without stating reasons, by means of a communication to VERIMI in text form.
- VERIMI has the right to terminate the contract of use at any time with a notice period of two months to the end of a calendar month.
- In the event of termination, VERIMI will block your VERIMI account as at the effective date of termination. It is no longer possible to use the VERIMI Services and VERIMI Platform from this time. Subject to any statutory storage or retention periods, your Customer Data will be permanently deleted. If Customer Data are still required in order to process outstanding transactions, the deletion shall take place at the earliest after these transactions have been processed.
- German law shall apply, excluding conflict of laws provisions. This shall not affect the applicability of mandatory consumer protection provisions.
- You can contact the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution consumer platform at: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. VERIMI GmbH is neither prepared nor obliged to participate in dispute resolution proceedings before a consumer arbitration body in accordance with the German Consumer Dispute Resolution Act (Verbraucherstreitbeilegungsgesetz).